- Check or Cash: You can mail your gift or bring it to our office.
- Credit Card: You can make a credit card gift online by clicking on the Make A Gift button to the left of this page.
- Payroll Deduction: Boise State University employees can give by payroll deduction, by returning a payroll deduction form to the Foundation.
- Phone: Every year our telephone outreach program conducts a series of important telephone campaigns to raise funds for Boise State University. You may pledge your support when you receive a call during one of these campaigns. Or, if you’d like to contact the Foundation by phone to arrange a gift, you can reach us at (800) 341-6150 or (208) 426-3276.
- Stock: Gifts of marketable stocks, bonds, or mutual fund shares that have appreciated (increased in value) can have an immediate impact on the Boise State programs you wish to support – and also create an immediate income tax deduction for you based on the stock’s current value.
Charitable bequests, life income gifts, real estate, life insurance, charitable lead trust, retirement plan assets, personal property. For information on these giving opportunities, visit our planned giving page.
Many employers will match the charitable gifts of employees, thereby doubling or tripling the value of their gifts. Some employers even match the gifts of retirees and/or spouses. To find out if your company participates in such a program, ask your Human Resources department. To make a match, ask your company’s matching gift officer (usually in the human resources or community relations department) for a matching gift form. Then, send it along with your gift to the Boise State University Foundation.
- CLICK HERE to find out if your company has a matching gift program.
Boise State uses industry-standard 128-bit SSL encryption to protect the confidentiality of your personal information.
Boise State adheres to the Donor Bill of Rights developed by the Council for Advancement and Support of Education, the American Association of Fund-Raising Counsel, the Association for Healthcare Philanthropy, and the National Society of Fund Raising Executives.
The purpose of the policy is to “assure that philanthropy merits the respect and trust of the general public, and that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in the not-for-profit organizations and causes they are asked to support.”
For online gifts, you may select from a list of funds on our giving page at by clicking here or selecting the Make A Gift button on all of our web pages.
For other gifts, please write the fund name in the memo line of your check or in a note that accompanies your check or cash gift. Or you may select from any of the following areas (if the designation that you are interested in supporting is not listed please e-mail us so that we may assist you in making your donation to your chosen program):
- The Greatest Needs Fund
- Boise State General Scholarship Fund
- College of Arts and Sciences
- College of Business & Economics
- College of Education
- College of Engineering
- College of Health Sciences
- College of Social Sciences and Public Affairs
For any questions regarding your gift designation, please contact one of our gift officers.
We are happy to acknowledge honorary and memorial gifts made in honor or in memory of individuals. If you send us a name and address, we’d be happy to send an acknowledgement of the gift to the family. No mention of the dollar amount of the gift will be made.
Yes, to the extent allowable by law. You must claim the gift as an itemized deduction on your tax return. The Boise State University Foundation is a nonprofit IRC Sec. 501(c)(3) organization that is structurally separate from Boise State University and exists solely for Boise State’s benefit, serving as the preferred channel for private gifts to all areas of the university.
Also, under the Idaho Education Tax Credit, donations to Boise State qualify for a 50% tax credit. See our Idaho Education Tax Credit page for more information.
Yes, soon after your gift is received, you will receive a receipt by mail for your gift.